Title: Grande Prairie Branch Meeting: Teaming Up with Bugs - Encouraging Beneficial Insects within Agricultural LandscapesDate/ Time: March 14th, 2018, 5:30 pm (Cocktails and Networking), 6:00 pm (Buffet Style Dinner), 6:30 pm (Short Branch Meeting) and 7:00 – 8:30 pm (Presentation and Discussion)
Location: Stonebridge Hotel (old Trumpeter hotel) on the north side of Grande Prairie at 12102 100 th Street. Meeting will be in the STONEGRILL ROOM.
Speaker: Luke Wonneck, Agroforestry Technician with the Agroforestry & Woodlot Extension Society (AWES)
Description: A presentation about Encouraging Beneficial Insects within Agricultural Landscapes. Topics covered will include:
• Importance of pollinating and pest suppressing insects
• Ecology and habitat needs of pollinating and pest suppressing insects
• Habitat design and establishment
• Engaging presenter who will keep you entertained for the evening.
• Learning about insects in our landscapes and their importance.
• Networking with the great people in the Grande Prairie AIA branch.
• Support your local Branch and gain CPP hours.
Admission: Members and Non-members welcome!
• Members & Students - $26.50 + GST for Buffet Style Dinner (BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Baked Potato, Salads and Dessert)
• Non-Members - $30.00 + GST for Buffet Style Dinner
• Meeting is free if not coming for dinner
Co-Chair - Megan Bridger (email@example.com)
Co-Chair - Nicole Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer - Sonja Raven (email@example.com)