The following 5 day senior agrology courses have been approved by the AIA Council and are now offered by the Faculty of Extension, University of Alberta (UofA). Each of these courses entails a minimum of 39 hours education and requires a passing mark with the written exam to be eligible for consideration by the AIA registration committee. These courses may be used to make up any course deficiencies noted by the registration or competence committees or may be used to allow a new practice area work. The subjects covered by these senior agrology council approved courses to date are:
- Applied Hydrogeology in Alberta
- Applied Hydrology
- Applied Soil Chemistry
- Applied Soil Fertility
- Applied Soil Physics
- Applied Vegetative Reclamation
- Classification and Mapping of Soils
- Environmental Site Assessment and Management
- Land Reclamation Fundamentals
- Remediation Technologies
- Wetlands Delineation, Classification and Assessment
Please click here to view and register for the courses.
For questions or more information on extension courses that are not offered through the University of Alberta, please contact our Director of Registration.